Monday, December 05, 2005

What is a Liberal?

I've been thinking a lot about the term "liberal" lately. At times I consider myself "moderate," but at other times I am far to the left of the Democratic party. Below is an interesting anti-definition definition of "liberal."


"We all need some therapy, because somebody came along and said ‘liberal' means ‘soft on drugs, soft on Communism, soft on defense, and we're gonna tax you back to the Stone Age because people shouldn't have to work if they don't want to.' And instead of saying, ‘Well, excuse me, you right-wing, reactionary, xenophobic, homophobic, anti-education, anti-choice, pro-gun, Leave it to Beaver trip back to the ‘50s,' we cowered in the corner and said, ‘Please don't hurt me.'"

-West Wing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home